Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Fabric printing

I have been having a go at hand printing on fabric. Here are some examples of how i've got on so far....


The stamps are made from designs cut from rubber sheets approximately 2mm thick. I then roller the colour on. The foam is quite effective at holding the ink and enables you to be able to be quite flexible with your stamp designs.

 

 After printed my fabric with one colour, I decided to add a second.



Once I have perfected my technique a little I'm going to have a go at making some things out of my hand made prints. Watch this space for more....




2 comments:

  1. I think these are really cool, especially that last picture. I've been enjoying following you posts and work, keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it's always great to hear positive feedback. I've got plenty more up my sleeve so keep checking in :o)

    ReplyDelete