Friday, 5 August 2011

New 'Trees in the mist' pieces

On my latest visit to Cornwall I produced these two collaborative pieces of glass with my dad. He made the beautiful bowls and then I worked on them cold, masking off the tree design and sandblasting the colour away to create a relief.

I'm really pleased with them, it's such a great change to work in a completely different medium, I will definitely be trying out some more ideas when I get the chance.

To find out more about my dad's glass blowing skills and see more of his work, check out their website here.




2 comments:

  1. What stunning pieces ! It must have been great working with your dad to produce them, they really look wonderful : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm really glad you like them :o) It was lovely to do something different for a change and yes, great to work with my Dad. For some reason I have only recently cottoned on to the fact that I have access to those skills and facilities....I feel very lucky.

    ReplyDelete