Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Illustration wednesday


This week I wanted to interpret my illustration theme by sharing my great charity shop find from the other day. I've a bit of a habit of buying books from charity shops so much so I can't read them fast enough to keep up, but never have I bought seven books in one go! These books are part of the Penguin 'Great Journeys' series and are so lovely that just couldn't resist. I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I'm just going to come right out and admit that I sometimes do. I love the limited use of colour and there is something about seeing a series of books all with a coherent style and composition that I find really satisfying.










Not only do they have beautiful illustrations on the front, they are also pretty teeny, so perfect for stuffing in your bag when you're out and about.

As I only have seven out of the twenty in the series I'm going to keep my eye out for the rest, but until then I will just have to start reading them :o)



4 comments:

  1. That was a good buy, I will keep my eyes peeled for some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend gave the full set to me as a present, but only now do I see how beautiful they are as pieces of art! Thanks for sharing... up until now I saw them as really exciting purely because of the content inside (travel writing from the past? yes please!) but now I am extra delighted at having them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lucky you for having the whole set, what a lovely present :o) I'm glad to have made you look at them with fresh eyes. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete