Friday, 18 May 2012

Studio

I was thinking the other day that I have been blogging all these pictures of shiny finished pieces of pretty glass without any reference to where it actually comes from. So I thought I'd share with you a little glimpse of the glass blowing studio where all the magic happens......


The studio looks a bit on the grey side so I included an image from the outside looking in. It's looks so pretty now the wisteria is coming into bloom.

I love the smell of the studio, I know that sounds a bit odd but having grown up with it being my parents place of work it has a very nostalgic smell of burnt paper and wood that makes me feels at home.

It always strikes me how burnt and dirty all the glass making tools look compared to the pristine glass that comes out at the end. It's hard to believe these blackened instruments are used to shape and manipulate the glass.

My lesson this morning was quite a challenging one. I'm now finding that as I'm improving things are starting to feel more difficult and my frustration levels are increasing, which is only natural I suppose. I persisted though and managed to finish on a positive note, ready for another day.....


No comments:

Post a Comment