Thursday, 12 July 2012

Work in progress...

Oh the rain, the rain......what a summer we're having. In order to distract myself from this unseasonable weather I have been busily working away on some new designs. Here are two bowls I have prepared ready for sandblasting (I thought it would be nice to show you some of the process rather than just the finished pieces).

I have blown the bowls with colour on the inside and then masked off the areas where I want to retain the colour. The exposed areas will then be blasted away leaving frosted clear glass. I have been experimenting with layering my designs, so both these pieces will include areas of frosted clear glass, frosted colour and clear colour. It's a bit tricky to get my head round sometimes as I have to work in reverse, but so far the results have been quite successful.



Right......to the sandblaster!! Pics of the finished pieces to follow soon.
xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rosie, these look mighty good looking forward to seeing the finished articles! xx

    ReplyDelete